Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dance Pictures

Well today we had our 1st ever dance pictures!
Another adventure to check off our list of things to do!!!!

She hated her costume, who could ever imagine she would hate sequins and panty hose...? She wouldn't smile for the camera and just kept making these funny faces. Wouldn't leave on her little white gloves. Said her tap shoes hurt her feet. We had to put on makeup and try to tame her wild curly hair... then change into our ballet costume and do the whole thing over again. Can you believe in this process I didn't get one picture. We were too busy trying to get her to smile for the pictures to purchase and put in the program book that I forgot to get my camera out. I don't have one picture myself of her in her costumes. It was fun and we did end up getting some cute pictures. I can't wait to get them back. I can't believe that my little girl is dancing already. She makes the second generation of Dale Serrano dancers for my family including my self and sister, Kimberly.

Recital should be interesting trying to manage the costume and its accessories while at the same time trying to get her to go out on that HUGE stage at the BJCC Concert Hall and dance at the same time.

I can't wait to see the outcome of this adventure the we embarked on back in August. It will be exciting and hope she does it. And no matter what happens, she will always be my ballerina. Boy briefs and all! I am so proud of how well she has actually performed in her classes. She hasn't shed one tear and comes out singing and dancing and smiling each week that we go to Mrs. Kim's("Aunt" Kim to Darby because that's what she calls my sister) dance class. May 30th will be here before I know it and I will be sitting in the audience teary eyed.

No comments: